Cookies for College Students
Each year our church school students decorate and send cookies to members of our church family away at college. This will be our church school service project for Saturday, October 10.
Ways you can help:
- Send names and addresses of college students to Andrea Bassett at: email@example.com
- Donate supplies of baked sugar cookies, frosting, sprinkles, decorating tools, gallon-size Ziploc bags
- Volunteer to work with the younger children decorating cookies and to help package the cookies
- Donate money for shipping costs
Apple Orchard Trip
Make plans to spend a lovely fall afternoon at the Apple Festival at Carpenter Nature Reserve on Sunday, October 11. This has been our spot for the last several years - there's apple picking, hayrides and lovely walks through the nature center and along the bluffs of the St Croix River. Admission and parking are free. After the Divine Liturgy, we will have a simple coffee hour in AMH, then those who are able and interested will drive down to the Hastings area (about 25 minutes) and continue with hot coffee and a *dessert* potluck. If you can bring something to share that day, please e-mail Oksana
October 24: Clean-up Day
With construction now finished we are well overdue for a church clean up day. We all love Holy Trinity, but we don't always notice how weeds and trees become overgrown and trash and debris pile up. Please help us clean up outside of the church and Archangel Michael Hall on Saturday, October 24, from 9 am to 1 pm. We will need at least 8-10 volunteers. Paul Purman has offered to provide pizza for those participating (thanks, Paul!). Please bring any tools needed for removing debris, trash, and weeds, and e-mail Emmy Maschke if you have questions or are able to help.
Church School Needs
The church school class of older youth is seeking some comfortable seating options for their classroom. If you have any clean, gently used pillows, blankets, beanbag chairs, etc, that you would be willing to donate, please contact Elissa Cook.
Church School and Adult Education
Registration: Please register your children (3 years old through high school) for church school by contacting Andrea Bassett (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
All classes normally meet at 9 am on Sunday mornings. Church school meets the second Saturday of each month (the same night as the monthly potluck) and takes the following Sunday off.
*Children and youth meet in church basement
*Adults meet in Archangel Michael Hall
- Saturday, Oct 10 - Church school meets at 4 pm, followed by Vespers and monthly potluck
- Sunday. Oct 11 - Only adult ed meets - no church school classes
- October 11 and October 18 - "The Cross: A Curse and a Boast" Why are nearly all processions in the Orthodox Church led by a cross? Mike Lotti will guide us through St Paul's words so that we can better hear the Bible's witness to the glory of the crucifixion.
- Oct 18 Mike Lotti (Gal 1:11-19)
- Oct 25 Benji Flaming (Gal 2:16-20)